The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) of Bharathidasan College of Arts and Science College has been established in the college at the instance of the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) as a quality sustenance measuring cell.
The Primary aim of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the Institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Development of Quality Culture in the Institution
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC
|Members from Management
Correspondent & Secretary
||Dr. P.Suresh Babu, Department of Computer Science
||Dr.S.Selvi, Department of Biochemistry
|IQAC External Experts:
Former Principal, Bharathidasan College of Arts and Science,
Dr. L.M. Swarnalatha
Assistant Professor of English and IQAC Coordinator,
Vellalar College for Women (Autonomous), Erode
||Mr.R.Arul Kumaran, Administrative officer
||Dr.C.Satheeshkumar, Dept of Tamil
Ms.K.Pradeepa, Dept of English
Ms.T.Geetha, Dept of Mathematics
Dr.P.A.Venkatachalapathy, Department of Business Administration
Dr.S.Arulraj, Department of Commerce
Mr.D.Jayanth, Dept of Information Technology
Ms.S.Manju, Dept of Microbiology
Ms.S.P.Mythily, Dept of Costume Design and Fashion
Mr.R.Sankar, Co-ordinator, DDC
Dr.S.Sapna, Dept of Computer Science
||V.Sivasankar, Dept. of Comuter Science
Mr.K.Muhammed Shakeerudheen, M.Sc Biochemistry
|Member from Local Society
||Mr.A.Gandhimohan, Department of Commerce
Partner & Head – Technical & Production
C.D Group of Companies, Erode
“National Seminar on Teaching Pedagogy and Psychology (NSPTT)” was organised by IQAC on 27/07/2019. Prof.Harishchand.Ch, Head of the Department, Department of English, CHMM College for Advanced Studies, Kerala and Dr.B.Selvaraj, Head of the Department, Department of Psychology, Government Arts College, Coimbatore were resource persons for the seminar. Seminar discussed about Teaching Pedagogy and Psychology.
In assoication with PG & Reserach Department of Computer Science ":Tree Plantation" was made in the College Campus for supporting Green Environemnt of BCAS.
“Faculty Enrichment Programme” was organized for Faculty Members of BCAS on 10th June 2019. Dr.M.Shanmuga Sundaram was Resource Person. He motivated and guided the faculty members for handling classes and students in positive manner.