College Staff Council
- The College Staff Council consists of the Principal, the Heads of the Department and two elected members of the staff. The Council is to assist the Principal in all internal matters.
- There shall be at least four meetings of the Council in a year. Special Meeting of the Council can be held at the instance of the Principal
- The Principal of the College shall be the Chairman of the College Staff Council and shall preside over the meetings. In his absence, the members present shall elect a Chairman.
- There shall be an elected Secretary of the College Staff Council who shall hold office for a year. His/her duties shall be to notify the meetings to the members in consultation with the Principal and maintain records of the proceedings.
To help the students to plan their optional papers of study and to offer general advice on the academic programmes, a student will the assigned to a member of the faculty (Major Dept) who will function as "Faculty Advisor" throughout his/her period of study. The Faculty Advisor will counsel students on matters relating in the choice of subjects, withdrawal, etc. The student will meet his/her Faculty Advisor at least three times during the semester.
Every major department will have a Departmental committee consisting of
1. The HOD - Convenor
2. The faculty advisors of the department
3. Student representative of each class
The departmental committee is to meet at least thrice a semester to review all matters relevant to the academic programme. It is the responsibility of the HOD to keep the records, viz., the Agenda, Notes, Minutes and Diary etc.
Admission to the UG and PG degree courses are open to all students who posses required qualification as prescribed by the Bharathiar University.
The students who got admission in the college should remit the fee immediately. Fee once paid will not be refunded at any cost. The second and third year students should pay the fee within 20 days after the reopening of the college. If he or she fails to pay the fee within the stipulated date, Rs. 50/- as fine will be collected. Attendance and Leave Students should not be absent from the college without valid reasons. In case of leave for genuine reasons, a leave letter should be submitted to the HOD concerned. In case of absence without prior permission, the leave letter should be submitted on the first day of his / her return to the college. Medical certificate should accompany the leave application in case of leave due to sickness for more than 3 days.
Examinations and Attendance
List of Candidates who have earned 75% of attendance and above in the current semester and are eligible to write the examinations.
List of Candidates who have earned attendance between 65% and 74% (both included) in the current semester. These candidates are eligible to appear for the examination in current semester subjects if the shortage of attendance is condoned by the Principal after paying the condonation fee.
Candidates given in this proforma are not eligible to write the examination in current semester subjects but are permitted to continue their studies in the next semester provided that
this is the first time that the candidates earned attendance between 50% and 64% (both included). Else the candidates have to discontinue the course and rejoin in the same semester subjects in the next year with proper approval of the Registrar. However the candidates are eligible to write arrear subjects if any.
Candidates given in this proforma shall discontinue the course and rejoin in the same semester in the next year with proper approval of the Registrar. They are not eligible for Condonation and to write the current semester papers but are eligible to write arrear papers.
The Academic progress of the Students is systematically assessed in the following manner. Two unit tests are conducted for students. Model Examination is conducted before
the End Semester Examination. The performance report of the students is intimated to the parents periodically.
Library follows certain rules to regularize the use of the library resources and will be reviewed periodically according to the necessities.
- Staff members and students should sign in the register when they enter into the library.
- Students should place their belongings on the rack provided at the entrance of the library.
- Silence should be maintained in the library.
- Mobile phones are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Severe disciplinary action will be taken against the users who are found misusing the library services.
- Students must return their books at the end of the academic year and obtain NO DUE certificate from the librarian.
- All users are requested to keep the Library books safely.
The Library functions in all working days from 9:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
Books issue time: 9.30 am - 10.00 am & 1.05 pm -2.00 pm
Books return time: 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm.
UG students : 1 Book
PG students : 2 Books
Research Scholars : 5 Books
Staff members : 5 Books
- Library books will be issued only on submission of the ID card of the students concerned.
- The books should be returned within 15 days from the date of issue.
- There will be no renewal of the same book on the same day. The same book will be issued next day only if vailable.
- If a book is lost or damaged, the user should replace it by a copy of the new book or pay the latest value of the book.
- If the book is not returned on or before the due date, another book will not be issued.
- If the book is not returned on the mentioned date, a fine of Re.1/- per day will be collected.
- Journals, Magazines and Reference Books will not be issued.
Conduct and Behaviour:
- Students behaviour and approach should be refined. No misconduct will be permitted in the College premises.
- Students should wear only formal dresses. T-Shirts and Casual wears are strictly prohibited.
- Students should be regular and punctual to the class. Students should not enter or leave the class without the permission of the staff concerned.
- Silence should be maintained in the class rooms, laboratories, library and auditorium.
- Students should not sit on the parapet walls or staircases.
- Writing, scribbling, painting on the desk and walls are strictly forbidden.
- Students are expected to take care of the college properties.
- If students are found guilty of damaging or destroying college properties, they should replace the same at their own cost.
- Students should not organize meeting in the college or collect money for any purpose from the students without the permission of the Principal.
- Students should not participate in political / communal and religious activities.
- Using foul language or behaving rudely towards the staff members would lead the students to be expelled from the college.
- Students should refer the college notice board regularly.
- Students should not use mobile phones inside the class rooms, if they use it, the mobile phones will be seized.
- Students should attend meetings and conferences with disciplined manner as per the instructions given.
- Students are advised not to bring valuable things like ornaments, heavy cash etc., if lost, the management will not take any responsibility for the same.
- Students should follow all the rules and regulations of the college as mentioned.
- If any student found violating the rules and regulations of the college or found disturbing the peace in the campus as well as off the campus, they will be liable for suspension.
Identity card is issued to the students soon after admission and it should be produced on demand.
Prohibition of Ragging
Ragging is strictly prohibited in the college premises. If anybody found indulged in such kind of activities, strict action will be taken irrespective of the extent. Supreme Court of India
has banned ragging. In order to prevent such activity in campus, several committees have been developed and brought into operation even before the start of 1st year classes by the
Director / Principal. Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited within the premises of the college/department/classroom as well as on public transport. Any individual or group of individuals who indulge in an act or practice of ragging, constitutes gross indiscipline and such individual / groups shall be dealt with as per the ordinance. This includes individual or collective acts or practices that involve physical assault or threat or use of physical force, which violate the status, dignity, and honour of any student. Students shall not:
- Violate the status, dignity and honour of girl students.
- Violate the status, dignity and honour of SC and ST students.
- Expose students to ridicule and contempt thereby affect their self-esteem.
- Entail verbal abuse and aggression indecent gestures and obscene behaviour.
- The Principal / the Anti ragging committee shall take immediate action on any information of the occurrence of ragging.
In this Act, unless the context otherwise requires, 'ragging' means display of noisy, disorderly conduct doing any act which causes or is likely to cause physical or psychological
harm or raise apprehension or fear or shame or embarrassment to a student in any educational institution and includes (a) teasing, abusing of, playing practical jokes on, or causing hurt to such student; or (b) asking the student to do any act or perform something which such student will not in the ordinary course willingly do.
2. Prohibition of Ragging
Ragging within or without any educational institution is prohibited.
3. Penalty for Ragging
Whoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in abets or propagates "ragging" within or without any educational institution, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term
which may extend of two years and shall also be liable to a fine which may extend to two years and shall also be liable to a fine which may extend to ten thousand rupees.
4. Dismissal of Student
Any student convicted of an offence under section 4 shall also be dismissed from the educational institution and such student shall not be admitted in any other educational institution.
5. Suspension of Student
- Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions, whenever any student complaints of ragging to the head of an educational institution, or to any other person responsible for the management of the educational institution, such head of the educational institution or person responsible for the management of the educational institution shall inquire into the same immediately and if found true shall suspend the student, who has committed the offence, from the educational institution.
- The decision of the head of the educational institution or the person responsible for the management of the educational institution that any student has indulged in ragging under sub-section (I) shall be final.
6. Deemed Abetment
If the head of the educational institution or the person responsible for the management of the educational institution fails or neglect to take action in the manner specified in sub-section (1) of section 6 when a complaint of ragging is made, such person shall be deemed to have abetted the offence of ragging and shall be punished as provided for in section 4.
7. Power to Make Rules
- The State Government may make rules for carrying out all or any of the purposes of this Act.
- All rules made under this Act shall be published in the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette
- and unless, they are expressed to come into force on a particular day, shall come into force on the day on which they are so published.
- Every rule made under this Act shall, as soon as possible after it is made, be placed on the table of the Legislative Assembly and if before the expiry of the session in which it is so placed or the next session, the Assembly makes any modification in such rule, or the Assembly decides that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect as the case may be, so however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
8. Repeal and Saving
- The Tamil Nadu Prohibition of Ragging Ordinance, 1996 (Tamil Nadu Ordinance 10 of 1996) is hereby repealed.
- Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the ordinance shall be deemed to have been done or taken under this Act
Appointment & Service Rules for staff members
The Managing Committee expects faculty member to discharge thier duties sincerely and efficiently based on the terms and conditions as stated below:
Terms and Conditions:
1. The said teacher shall be on probation for a period of not less than one year from the date of taking charge.
2. The said teacher shall discharge his/her duties honestly, efficiently and diligently under the orders and instructions of the College Committee / the Principal / the HOD.
3. No teacher employed in the college shall engage directly or indirectly in any trade or business.
4. When the teacher employed in the college seeks to accept honorary work without detriment to his / her duties prior permission of the authorities concerned in writing shall be obtained. He / She should not leave the College in the middle of the academic year.
5. No teacher employed in the college shall absent himself/herself from his / her duties without prior permission of the authorities.
6. No teacher employed in the college shall send any application for employment under any other agency, except through the Secretary.
7. The said teacher shall be entitled to have his / her services terminated either by giving to the College Committee three months notice in writing or by paying the College Committee three months pay and allowances.
8. The College Committee reserves the right to dismiss, remove or terminate or reduce him/her in rank for irregularity or inefficiency.
9. The appointment is subject to the approval of Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
10. Only hard-work and sincerity will ensure future prospects.
The teacher shall report to the Secretary & Correspondent of the College immediately and produce the certificates in original along with the appointment order at the time of joining duty.