Citizen Consumer Club of our college is established for the purpose of spread the awareness about consumer rights amongst all consumer segments and to help consumers get justice when affected. Teaching and sensitizing students to become responsible citizens who carry out their fundamental duties as citizens without being told and question, if their rights are infringed, will be our common goals.
Mission of Citizen Consumer Club
- To enable students understand fundamental rights of a citizen.
- To enable students realize and learn the fundamental duties of a good citizen.
- To inject Knowledge on product standards, product quality and about markets.
- To learn about laws enacted for protection/Welfare of consumers and enforcement authorities concerned.
- To impart knowledge on product standards, product quality and about markets.
Objectives of Citizen Consumer Club
- To educate students about rights of the consumers as provided in consumer protection Act, 1986.
- To mobilize youngsters by instilling in them the spirit of protection of consumer rights.
- To impart knowledge about the role of consumers in protection of their rights and to strengthen the consumerism
2019 - 2020
Consumer Club organised road safety Awareness programme on 27.01.2020
2018 - 2019
Dr.P.A.Venkatachalapathy, HOD of Business Administration and Co-ordinator has received special appreciation award for best performance from Padmasri SKM Mayilandhan, President, Erode District Consumer Protection Centre, Erode. on 18.08.2018.
More than 10 students have participated in Annual general meeting of Consumer Protection Centre at Erode on 18.08.2018.
Dr. P.A.Venkatachalapathy, HOD of Business Administration and Co-ordinator has Participated a One day Workshop on “Consumer Protection” on 19.08.2018 at D.J.H.S.School, Gobichettipalayam.
2017 - 2018
Citizen Consumer Club has organised a Consumer Awareness Programme on 4th January 2018. Mr. Balasubramanian R , Secretary, & S.Viswanathan, Vice President Erode District Consumer Protection Council were the Resource Person. He elaborately discussed about the consumer rights and duties. More than 100 Students participated and benefited.
2016 - 2017
Citizen Consumer Club has organised a Consumer Awareness lecture on 26th August 2016. Mr. Balasubramanian R , Secretary, Erode District Consumer Protection Council was the Resource Person. He elaborately discussed about the consumer rights and duties. More than 80 Students participated.
2015 - 2016
Citizen consumer club organised a Special lecture on “Students role in Consumer club” on 08th February 2016. Mr. S. Radhakrishnan, President, and Arunachalam.S Vice President, Consumer Protection Council, Gobichettipalayam were the Chief Guests. Mr. P.M. Venkatachalapathy, Secretary, District Farmers club was the special Invitees. More than 110 students participated.
Citizen consumer club has organized a special talk on “ Consumer Rights” on 23 September 2015. Mr. S. Viswanathan, Vice-President, District Consumer Protection Council was the Resource Person. Students have raised lot of question regarding consumer rights.
2013 - 2014
Club organised a Guest lecture programme on “ Consumer Awareness” on 18th February 2014. Mr. M. Balasubramanian , Secretary, District Consumer Protection Council, Erode District, was the Chief Guest. Mr. NKK.Periyasamy, Correspondent was the Special Invitees.